Thai Square - The Strand
About Thai Square - The Strand
Thai Square The Strand is the eldest of ten popular siblings. Born in 1997, it’s purpose in life is to serve tasty, competitively priced Thai food in attractive Thai-style surroundings. Needless to say, in this it consistently succeeds. Bare wooden floors, simple wood seating and good lighting create a pleasingly modern minimalist look, interrupted by hand-crafted Thai artefacts. A flagship restaurant like this deserves a top head chef. Step forward Mr Ngam-Arom from a top hotel in Thailand whose pad thai, green curry, and chicken with cashew nuts are so good that people come back for them time and again. Charming, attentive staff. A good place to meet before or after the theatre.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
148 Strand, WC2R 1JA
£25 - £34