Thai Square - Hanover Square
About Thai Square - Hanover Square
Compact and bijou, in a traditionally Thai kind of way, Thai Square on Princes Street (round the corner from Oxford Street) is a top spot for quick lunches and relaxed, good value dinners after a day’s shopping, or before a night out. Authentic decor is mixed with minimalist modern touches to create a calming, relaxed space, but it’s the food that really attracts the crowds. The reliable menu offers the usual suspects of green and red curries as well as good salads including pla goong, spicy prawn salad with lemongrass, chilli and herbs, and tasty specials. A separate vegetarian menu serves non-meat eaters. Fast and efficient service gets top marks.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
5 Princes Street, Hanover Square, W1B 2LF
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 5:30pm - 11pm
Sat 1pm - 9:30pm