The Real Greek Souvlaki & Bar - Bankside
About The Real Greek Souvlaki & Bar - Bankside
Like its lively sibling in Hoxton, The Real Greek Souvlaki & Bar Bankside is a stylish, modern, down-to-earth venue with an open plan kitchen and bar, welcoming service, and a well-deserved reputation as a great place to eat, drink and be merry. Except here you have great views of the Thames and the City too. Sit ’riverside’ by chosing a seat by the massive windows. The menu lists lots of really tasty, remind-you-of-holidays-to-Greece ’street’ dishes to nibble at and share - mezedes, souvlaki, and deliciously fresh bread and Greek pastries. Very handy for a good meal before or after a trip to the nearby Globe Theatre or Tate Modern.
Sample a la carte
- Gigandes plaki (slow cooked giant beans, prepared in a roasted tomato and herb sauce)£3.50
- Hand-rolled dolmades (young vine leaves stuffed with rice, sultanas, and pine nuts) £3.50
- Tiropitakia (warm filo pastry triangles stuffed with feta cheese and spinach) £3.75
- Taramosalata (the classic Greek dip made with cod's roe) £3.80
Other starters are available.
- Lamb souvlaki £5.85/£9.90
- Pork souvlaki £4.85/£8.10
- Chicken souvlaki £5.25/£8.75
- Spicy beef 'soutzouki' sausage £4.85
- Bifteki (steak haché simply served with minted yoghurt - the real Greek 'burger') £5.20
- Rib eye steak served with a warm salad of watercress, grilled peppers and garlic £8.25
Other mains are available
- Greek yoghurt with thyme honey and walnuts or with seasonal fruit compote
- Kataïfi (a pastry stuffed with pistachio nuts, soaked in honey syrup)
- Chocolate cake
Other desserts are available.
Units 1 & 2 Riverside House, Southwark Bridge Rd, SE1 9HA
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm