Mosaic occupies part of the ground floor overlooking the courtyard of the Hilton Islington and does a very good job of keeping up with the Joneses (the Business Design Exhibition Centre is next door). A very design-led space, it’s furnished with classic retro white lamps, red walls and moody black tables and chairs arranged in front of floor to ceiling windows; rather dramatic. The food is Mediterranean with fresh Greek and Turkish influences. Daily-changing mezze are the dishes to start with, followed by either the sea bass or the delicious lamb with Algerian aubergine. Diners are predominantly business people and hotel guests, though couples do come in the evening when low lighting and candlelight create a nice, romantic atmosphere.
Sample a la carte
- Grilled sardines on toast with tomato and red onion salad with a herb dressing
- Pan-fried chorizo sausage in a tomato sauce served in a filo pastry basket
- Caesar salad with Parmesan shavings and grilled chicken
Other starters are available.
- Grilled Vegetable Tagliatelle with Tomato Sauce
- Sea bass fillet served on sun-dried roast tomato, marinated grilled artichokes and rocket leaves
- Grilled chicken breast served with roast peppers, wilted spinach and tomato coulis
Other mains are available.
- Fruit platter with pineapple, kiwi, dragon fruit and mango with blackcurrant sorbet
- Banana cheesecake served with toffee sauce
- Creme Brulee served with a coffee essence
Other desserts are available.
The Hilton Islington, 53 Upper Street, N1 0UY
£35 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm