Gaucho - Hampstead
About Gaucho - Hampstead
As you would expect, the emphasis at This Gaucho Restaurant is very much on red meat. Take in the aroma from the huge barbecue and transport yourself to Argentina. Steaks are huge, seered and succulent and are available in near half-cow weights. What’s cooking? Rump, sirloin, fillet or rib-eye steaks are served with sauces such as garlic, bearnaise and pepper. Prawns, chicken and duck are also available. Starters (tuna carpaccio, grilled vegetables) and desserts (grilled pineapple, marinated figs) are mercifully light.
Sample a la carte
- Oysters BLT (oysters baked in a creamy horseradish sauce, topped with bacon, crisp lettuce and tomato salsa) £8.00
- Spinach and cheese empanadas £3.75
- Peruvian ceviche (Merluza, tiger prawn and octopus tossed in tomato and citrus juices, olives, jalapeno, red onion and orange segments) £7.50
- Sausage platter (sausages with the addition of a morcilla, a classic Spanish chorizo, served with a trio of mojos; pineapple with sage, cherry and black trumpet) £25.00
Other starters are available.
- Palmitos (hearts of palm with avocado, red onion, romaine lettuce, toasted almonds and a sherry vinaigrette) £6.00
- Ice berg wedge, served with a rich blue cheese citrus dressing and marinated tomatoes scented with thyme £6.00
- Salmon fillet glazed in a honey mustard marinade, wood roasted and served with a cucumber, olive and dill salad £12.00
- Spatchcocked (whole grilled spatchcocked chicken marinated in lemon and lime chimichurri) £14.00
- Gaucho burger (fresh Argentine rump, ribeye or sirloin ground to order with balsamic caramelised onions and aged provolone) £13.00
- Mixed grill (lamb chops, bife de cuadril, chorizo pinchos, morcilla, sweetbreads and marinated chicken dressed with chimichurri) £30.00
Other main courses are available.
- A traditional flan served on shaved pineapple, with black pepper caramel and goats cheese £5.00
- Banana tres leches (a rich, banana cake surrounded by sliced bananas and drizzled with a prune speckled passion fruit sauce) £6.00
- Argentine pancakes served with vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche £5.00
- Churros, dusted in cinnamon sugar and served with a warm rich chocolate sauce) £5.00
Other desserts are available.
64 Heath Street, Hampstead, NW3 1DN
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm-11pm
Sun 12pm -10:30pm