Awana, in Sloane Avenue, is one of the most stylish places you'll ever sample Malaysian street food. Holding the title for London’s finest Malaysian experience, the bar, satay bar and restaurant is a welcoming blend of lush silk panels, glass screens and dark wood interiors. Fine Malaysian eateries are a rarity in London, which makes this even more appealing - no wonder a young, well-heeled Chelsea crowd flock here to sample the imaginative and extensive dishes. Try Kari ayam (corn fed chicken curry with coconut, potato and snake beans) or a spicy Sambal. Never had Malaysian food before? The Malaysian Journey tasting menu is a great place to start.
Sample a la carte
- Rusuk kambing panggang (grill lamb ribs, char shiu style) £8.50
- Sajian laut goreng (scallops, prawns and cuttlefish golden fried with sweet chilli sauce) £8.80
- Wonton isi sayuran (crispy asian vegetable parcels with a sweet chilli sauce £7.00
- Rojak buah (malaysian sour fruit salad of rose apple, green mango, white radish and cucumber with tamarind sauce £7.80
Other starters, soups, satays and roti are available.
- Kari ayam (corn fed chicken curry with coconut, potato and snake beans) £13.50
- Kambing bakar rek (spiced roasted rack of lamb with peppered green leaves) £19.00
- Ikan panggang (banana leaf wrapped butterfish with lemongrass, coriander and chilli, served with shallot and cucumber salad) £12.50
- Sambal tohu goreng (fried tofu in sambal with tomato and shredded spicy pancake) £11.50
- Udang galah cha kuew teow (lobster tail, cha kuew teow) £19.10
- nasi goreng kampong (malay shrimp fried rice with pineapple, asparagus, onion and egg) £11.50
Other main courses are available.
85 Sloane Avenue, SW3 3DX
£35 - £44
Lunch: Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm
Dinner: Mon - Wed 6pm - 11pm, Thu - Sat 6pm - 11:30, Sun 6pm - 10:30pm