Swithins Seafood Restaurant
About Swithins Seafood Restaurant
Swithin’s has grown from an intimate, front-of-shop eaterie to a highly-respected, elegant champagne bar and seafood restaurant. Set in the heart of the City, in a quiet side street in the Rothschild banking quarter, Swithin’s is the favourite of a loyal clientele of bank managers, solicitors and insurers. The smart, modern dining room is light and welcoming, with Venetian marble, light wood, original artwork, mirrors, upholstered dining chairs and snowy linens. The fish is as fresh as fresh can be. Wild fish is the thing here, the farmed stuff is avoided whenever humanly possible. Two very popular starters are homemade organic gravad-lax with mustard and fresh dill sauce, and Swithin’s own dressed crab with sliced avocado pear and seasoned salad leaves. Main courses include fresh lobster a variety of ways, or bacon-wrapped sea scallops on mash and spinach, or an intriguing meaty fish cassoulette. Daily specials are always popular. The champagne bar is set for lunch, too, so you could have a fine weekday solo meal there. Wines are international, especially featuring vintage champagnes. A first class dining experience.
Sample a la carte
- "Swithins" dressed crab hard shell crab meat served with sliced avocado pear & seasoned salad leaves £9.50
- Side of Scottish smoked salmon hand sliced, served with lemon and granary bread £7.50
- Lobster & prawn cocktail; Cornish lobster & Mediterranean king prawns on a bed of mixed leaves £11.80
- Fresh tuna loin, marinated with balsamic vinegar & olive oil, served with mixed leaves and hard boiled eggs £8
Other starters are available.
- Dover sole grilled or meuniere £24.50
- Whole sea bass, oven baked with a fennel sauce or plain grilled £18.50
- Swithins Grillade; king scallop, fresh king prawn & the best cuts of fish with olive cil, garlic & chili on a nest of spicy Beijing noodles £22
-Fillets of Dover sole et crevettes steamed fillets of sole & Mediterranean king prawns on a bed of spinach leaves , parmesan mash and mornay sauce gratin £23.50
- Tuna steak ’Escalivada’ grilled tuna loin on a bed of rocket salad, baked aubergine, peppers, asparagus & tomatoes, dressed with olive oil & balsamic £17.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
21 - 23 Swithins Lane, EC4N 8AD
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 11am - 10pm
Latest booking time is 8:30pm
Smart, No Jeans