Finding this intimate, romantic restaurant perched on the fringes of Notting Hill will give you the insider's edge among your mates. They'll want to know how you discovered it, and we won't tell. Antony's is tiny, but with an enormously friendly welcome. The scarlet exterior gives way to a cool interior - muted taupe walls, starchy table linens, original artwork. Once you're seated and enjoying a Polish vodka, you'll relax into the informal ambience. Downstairs the DJ will be knocking out the soul and classic tunes in the wine bar. Authentic Polish and middle European dishes intermingle with straightforward steaks and such and include starter of pierogi (meat-stuffed dumplings), main of hunters lamb, and dessert of baked apples with ground cinnamon with vanilla ice cream.
Sample a la carte
- Pierogi, large tortellini filled with meat, cheese or sauerkraut and mushrooms £3.90
- Sesame chicken, chicken cubes marinated in honey and sesame deep fried and served with chilli mayonnaise £3.90
- New Zealand mussels served with garlic butter £4.90
- Stuffed mushrooms, deep fried with brie filling and served with garlic mayonnaise £4.00
Other starters are available.
- Lasagna, layers of aubergene, courgettes, tomatoes and pasta topped with bechamel sauce and cheese £8.50
- Tagliatelle Verdure, green and white pasta ribbons cooked in creamy sauce with mushrooms, cashew nuts, onions and courgettes £7.90
- Hunter’s lamb, chunk of lamb coated with spices served with gravy and mint sauce £10.80
- Pork schnitzel, breaded escalope garnished with garlic butter £9.50
- Poached salt beef served with horseradish sauce £10.50
- King prawn salad cooked in garlic flambe with vodka served with salad £15.00
Other main courses are available.
- Creme Brule with rhubarb £3.90
- Prunes coated with chocolate and served with orange sauce £3.80
- Pancakes filled with cheese, raisins and nuts or chocolate ice cream or banana and toffee £3.80
- Chocolate foundant with vanilla ice cream £4.50
Other desserts are available.
54 Porchester Road, W2 6ET
£24 and Under
Tues - Sat 6pm - Midnight
Sun 11am - 7pm