About The Rocket
Is this the coolest place in Acton? Could be. After you make your way through the claret-coloured bar, the pale minimalist palette of the dining room comes as something of a relief. The decor is an inspired pairing of New England Shaker style furniture with gilt mirrors, sparkling chandeliers, and Victorian portraits. There is a very friendly vibe here, both among the regulars and the staff. The modern Italian menu includes more than the average selection of vegetarian dishes. Starters include pepper and crab fritters with home cured salmon and dill crème fraiche, first course of caramelized pumpkin and radicchio risotto, main course of pan-fried duck breast with sweet potato mash, pancetta and Vin Santo reduction, and dessert of very nice sorbets. Wine list features procecco and off-the-beaten-path labels.
Sample a la carte
- Jerusalem artichoke & cherry tomato risotto with parmesan £6.50
- Ham hock terrine with apricot chutney & soda bread £6.00
- Pan fried king prawns with chilli, garlic & rocket £7.20
- Pheasant ragu with pappardelle & pecorino £6.90
Other starters are available.
- Aberdeen Angus rib-eye steak (28 day) with spinach, French fries & green pepper sauce £15.50
- Game pie (pheasant, partridge, rabbit & venison) with mash potato £12.50
- Lamb rump with puy lentils & mint yogurt £13.50
- Confit of duck leg with celeriac mash & red cabbage £12.00
- Seafood stew with saffron, tomato & grilled focaccia £14.50
- Homemade spinach & ricotta ravioli with tomato coulis & parmesan £10.50
Other main courses are available.
- Lemon tart with crème fraiche £4.50
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream £4.50
- Apple & mixed berry crumble with custard £4.50
- Selection of ice cream or sorbet £4.00
11-13 Churchfield Road, W3 6BD
Acton Central (BR)
For parties of seven or more an optional 12% service will be added to bill.
£25 - £30
Mon dinner only - Tues - Sat 12pm - 3:30pm, 7pm - 10:15pm (last orders)
Sun: 7pm - 10pm.