Situated by London's foodie mecca, Borough Market, Londinium restaurant is a smart, cool modern British restaurant in a very happening area of town. The décor is perfectly suited to, well, suited diners just over from the City, or for any smart casual occasion. The red suede upholstery, dark walnut floors, fresh flowers, sparkling crystal and crisp white linen nicely fit the historic London Bridge Hotel. The modern British menu includes inventions like starter of parmesan basket with artichoke heart and avocado with English mustard sauce, main course of veal chop with grain mustard and spring onion sauce with mushroom flan, and pudding of chocolate pyramid and mango coulis. Very international wine list mostly in the affordable range, but with a nice line in champagnes.
Sample a la carte
- Dover Crab lime avocado salad £6.95
- Walnuts and Smoked chicken belt cucumber mix £5.50
- Feta rocket and sun dried tomato salad £6.75
- Smoked salmon potato cake with horseradish sauce £7.95
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried monk fish medallions, lemon mash and sauce vierge £15.25
- Peppered fillet of beef, roasted potato wedges and wild mushroom sauce
- Suffolk pork medallions with sweet onion sauce £15.95
- Guinea fowl with pisto manchego £15.25
- Roasted herb crusted Halibut with potato cake and watercress sauce £17.95
- Baked stuffed aubergine with melted goats cheese £14.25
- Chocolate terrine £6.75
- Baked mango custard £6.50
- Traditional rice pudding £6.95
- Tropical brioche and butter pudding £6.50
Other desserts are available.
London Bridge Hotel, 8 - 18 London Bridge Street, SE1 9SG
£25 - £34
Daily 5:30pm - 10pm