Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill
About Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill
London's classic seafood powerhouse has been bought out and revamped by the talented Richard Corrigan of Michelin-starred Lindsay House fame. The handsomely cut masculine dark woods and crisp white tablecloths ooze charm; and the air of traditional, polished and perfected Britishness matches one of the best seafood finds in town. Start off by comparing a selection of Rock and Native oysters (for which Bentley's is justifiably famous) and move on to a marine-inspired take on beef Wellington with monkfish with cep duxelle wrapped in pastry. To go here and not sample the cracking fresh seafood would be somewhat akin to going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower.
Top tips for booking Bentley’s Oyster Bar & Grill:
Getting into London's top restaurants can be tough. Here are some top tips for booking success:
- Book in advance.
Top restaurants fill up quickly -- requesting your booking up to three weeks in advance (or more if you can) will help to get you through the door.
- Look for alternative days.
Friday and Saturday evenings are the most popular times to dine out. Try dining earlier in the week - Mondays or Tuesdays are good bets.
- Be flexible with times.
The most popular booking times are in the mid-evening, so take a look at dining earlier in the evening or even late at night, around 10pm or after.
- Sketrick Island six 9.50 /nine 14.25 / dozen 18.00
- Reagh Cove six 9.00 / nine 13.95 / dozen 17.00
- Selection of Rocks six 9.25 / nine 14.00 / dozen 17.50
- Mediterranean Fish Soup 7.50
- Singapore Crab & Mussel Soup 6.75
- Gazpacho of Oysters 7.95
- Frank Hederman's Smoked Salmon 12.50
- Ballotine of Cured Foie Gras, Macerated Apple & Spice Bread 14.00
- Carpaccio of Smoked Haddock with Olive Oil & Fennel 8.25
- Tartare of Clare Island Salmon with Oysters 10.50
- Langoustine Mayonnaise 12.50
- Baked Scallops with Leeks & Parmesan 14.95
- Grilled Tiger Prawns with Chickpea & Olive Oil 13.95
- Cold Dressed Crab Mayonnaise16.00
- Salad of Summer Leaves, Herbs & Croutons 7.25
- Stuffed Baby Squid with Chorizo & Organic Feta 9.95
- Macaroni with Dublin Bay Prawns 12.00 / 16.50
- Spaghetti with Clams, Garlic & Parsley 8.50 / 12.50
- Dover Sole 33.00
Grilled (Tartare Sauce & Lemon)
Meunière (Capers, Butter & Parsley)
- Lemon Sole
En Brioche (Breadcrumbed & Deep Fried, Shellfish Butter) 19.95
Normande (Steamed with Courgettes , Langoustines & Mussels)
- Roast Line Caught Cod, Summer Vegetables and Herb Broth 17.50
- Grilled Wild Salmon with Jersey Royals and Hollandaise 29.50
- Fillet of Sea Bream with Red Peppers, Olives and Caper Berries 19.50
- Smoked Haddock with Crushed New Potatoes and Parsley 15.00
- Royal Fish Pie 25.00
- New Season Elwy Valley Lamb with Peas, Gem Lettuce & Mint 22.00
- Salad of Roast Goosnargh Chicken with Avocado & Bacon 17.95
- Mixed Grill Suckling Pig Sausage, Fillet of Beef, Belly of Pork, Lamb chop 17.50
- Panfried Calves Liver with Red Onion, Sage & Beetroot 16.00
- Grilled West Cork Beef, Béarnaise Sauce & Chips 19.50
All dishes served garnished. Extra if requested at 3.75 each.
All at £7.50:
- Caramelised Apple Tart
- Summer Pudding, Clotted Cream
- Valrhona Chocolate Pot with Hazelnut & Mascarpone
- Kentish Strawberries, lemon Curd & Cinnamon
- Chilled Black Cherry Soup, Yoghurt Sorbet
- White Peach Melba
- Gooseberries with Honey & Elderflower Custard
- Durrus, Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire, Banyuls soaked Crozier Blue, Oat Cookies & Quince (supplement £3.00)
11-15 Swallow Street, St James’s, W1B 4DG
Please note that as all produce is ordered in fresh, it possible that not all dishes will be available at all times.
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.
£35 - £44
Oyster Bar: 12pm - Midnight
Restaurant: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm