The Frontline Club
About The Frontline Club
The Frontline restaurant is a welcome haven from the bustling streets of London's Paddington. The restaurant is part of the Frontline media club that uniquely combines eating, drinking and thinking. Profits from the restaurant support the charitable work of the Frontline Forum with its weekly programme of cutting edge documentaries and discussions that ensure the world's causes and crises that fade from the headlines are kept in sharp focus.
Traditional British cuisine is enhanced by seasonal variations and Frontline signature dishes. The food is sourced from specialist, independent producers and the fish is supplied directly from small boats off England's east coast. The menu is unpretentious, uncompromising on quality and priced to be easy on the pocket.
Starters include Smoked Eel with Beetroot and St Tolas Goats Cheese from the West Country and Potted Duck with Spiced Pickled Damson plums and toast. Mains include comfortable classics like Shepherd's Pie and succulent Saddle of Welsh Mountain Lamb with Plum and Pistachio Stuffed Belly.
Malcolm Gluck, wine author and creator of Superplonk.com, has put together a remarkable wine list for Frontline with even more remarkable prices.
"In sourcing the Frontline wine list I was aiming to create something I have been searching for in 30 years of eating out in London and never found:
a restaurant with an extraordinary range of delicious wines, many of them unusual and out-of-the-way, all affordable at non-rip-off prices."
Sample a la carte
- Apple, pear and rocket salad with Doddington cheese salad with spiced creme fraiche and walnut dressing £6
- Scallops with black pudding, split pea puree £9
- Organic oak-smoked salmon with dill pickled cucumbers £8
- Ham and parsley terrine with piccalilli £6
Other starters are available.
- Pollack with scots wood cock crust, roasted pumpkin and parsnip puree £16
- Citrus marinated rare breed pork chop with pan haggerty £14
- Elwy Valley Barnsley lamb chop, colcannon and glazed baby onions £16
- Fillet of beef, steak ale & mushroom pie with caramelised red onion jam £17
- Duck breast with stump and spiced red cabbage £16
- Roast vegetables in wafer pastry, celeriac puree £10
Other mains are available.
- Chocolate truffle terrine with spiced quinces and amaretto cream £5
- Queen Mab’s pudding with raspberries and shortbread £5
- Sticky toffee pudding £5
- Apple pie with crumble topping and calvados custard
Other desserts & cheeses are available.
13 Norfolk Place, W2 1QJ
Monday to Saturday 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
£25-£34 / €35-€49
Mon - Fri 8am - 11pm