Searcy's, a relaxed lounge and restaurant located in the Barbican arts complex in east London, is ideal for relaxed cocktails and post-show suppers. The contemporary dining room commands sensational views overlooking the Barbican lakeside and city skyline, and is filled with theatre-mad dilettantes, librarians and ladies who lunch, creating a buzzy pre and post-show ambience. The modern British menu features favourites such as the Welsh rump of lamb with spring onion mash, homemade fishcakes and a delicious selection of traditional puddings. Searcy's restaurant is perfect for tragically theatrical post-analyses of plays, or if you just want to get a bit squiffy with mates before the show.
Sample a la carte
- Chilled asparagus soup £6.50
- Salt cod ravioli, tomato essence, herb oil £8.50
- Duck Terrine, pistachio, plum chutney, brioche £8.50
- Italian cured meats, pickles, truffle pecorino cheese £9.50
Other starters are available.
- Welsh rump of lamb, spring greens, onion puree, rosemary jus £24.50
- Pan fried duck breast, roast peach, spiced polenta and red wine jus £19.50
- Homemade fishcake, rocket, poached egg, hollandaise, lemon dressing £15.50
- Cannelloni of butternut squash, cherry tomatoes, ricotta and spinach gratin £14.50
- House cured organic salmon, grilled asparagus, caviar cream and baby sorrel £21.50
- Pork cutlet, Savoy cabbage, turnip purée, apple crisps and cider jus £17.50
- Double chocolate pudding soufflé £7.50
- Mascapone and raspberry tart, raspberry coulis £7.50
- Iced passion fruit, papaya and mango mousse £7.50
- Organic Bramley apple, ice cream and custard fritter £7.50
Other desserts are available.
The Barbican Centre, Level 2, EC2Y 8DS
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 12pm - 2:30 & 5pm - 10.30pm
Sat 5pm - 10:30pm.
Bank Holidays: 5pm - 10:30pm