About Island Restaurant
It's sort of land-locked, is Island restaurant. You see, it's part of Holiday Inn Brentford Lock, a relatively new hotel on the banks of the Grand Union Canal in fast-emerging Brentford Lock. A modern restaurant leading off from a waterfront lounge, Island restaurant looks suitably smart and informal with its colourful mixture of chunky leather chairs, linen-free pale-wood tables and polished wood floors. The idea is for the predominantly corporate diners to feel at home; something the black-clad staff do their best to help with. The food helps too. Pan-Asian bestsellers include a sliced roast duck salad with a red currant sauce starter, tandoori curry, and tower roast chicken - layers of crispy white meat on a bed of crispy veg. The top tables are at the back of the restaurant, near the windows.
Sample a la carte
- Fanned avocado served with prawns and marie rose sauce £5.75
- Rich chicken liver paté accompanied by tangy cumberland sauce and served with toasted brown bread £6.45
- Freshly sliced Italian Parma ham served with fanned galia melon £6.45
- Sliced fillet of smoked Scottish salmon set on a bed of lettuce and served £6.75
Other starters are available.
with horseradish mayonnaise
- Scotch fillet of beef set on a griddled brioche crouton and masked with a pear and white balsamic vinegar hollandaise £14.95
- Aubergine, tomato and mozzarella parcels baked in a rich Italian gravy and finished with drizzled balsamic syrup £8.95
- Tower roasted rack of lamb set on a bed of dauphinoise potato and finished with red wine glazed shallots £13.95
- Mixed Grill kebab of beef fillet, lamb leg, sausage, smoked bacon and mushroom served on a bed of saffron and olive rice with grilled beef tomato and drizzled with chilli oil £14.25
- Coq-au-vin with baby onions, button mushrooms, bacon, celery and herbs in a rich red wine stock and served with rice £10.45
- Succulant pieces of lamb cooked rogan josh style in aromatic indian spices and served with fragrant basmati rice £13.50
Other main courses are available.
- French butter pancakes, served with orange segments in a hot, tangy orange sauce £5.25
- Individual lemon tart served with raspberry coulis £5.25
- American style vanilla cheesecake finished dressed with poached strawberries £5.25
- Whole poached pear masked in dark chocolate sauce £5.25
Other desserts are available.
High Street, TW8 8JZ
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun 6:30am - 10am & 6:30pm - 10pm