About Souk Bazaar
It must be those of us who are too young to hit the hippy trail have a secret hankering to get away from it all in a kaftan. However, instead of jumping on a ferry from Southern Spain and heading for North Africa, we do it in our lunch hours and head for the nearest North African restaurant. Souk is very much like stepping into Morocco - all low seating, cushions, low lighting and vibrant colours. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening they lay on belly dancing, and there is a dj after 11pm every night except Sunday and Monday (and every night during December!). Very Moorish if you are looking for a cheerful, cheap venue in the centre of town.
Sample a la carte
All dishes - £3.50
- Soup of the day
- Pita garlic bread with feta cheese
- Grilled aubergine & potato salad
- Warm roast pepper & tomato salad
Other starters are available.
All dishes - £8.95
- Couscous with chicken and merguez
- Couscous royal (lamb, chicken and merguez) - £1.50 supp
- Chicken tagine with chick peas, cumin and harissa sauce
- Lamb tagine with prune & roasted almonds
- Lamb tagine with green peas and roast onion
Other mains are available.
All desserts - £2.95
- Selection of ice cream & sorbet
- Orange, date & fresh mint salad
- Crepes with honey & roasted almond
- Crepes with chocolate & rose water cream
Other desserts are available.
27 Litchfield Street, Leicester Square, WC2H 9NJ
£35 - £44