About The Criterion
Whenever we think of the Criterion, we come over all divine about the beautifully -restored, opulent neo-Byzantine decor, the burnished gold ceilings and marble walls, the mosaic and paintings. Anyone less cheeky
than Marco Pierre White would have put a swanky, haute cuisine-type eaterie into this venue, but MPW has created a high-level brasserie menu that somehow seems to be just the ticket. What’s Cooking? Roast suckling pig garnished with apple sauce & jus à la marjolaine among others.... and the wine list is superb.
Sample a la carte
- Beef carpaccio, mustard dressing £9.95
- Eggs (benedict sauce hollandaise) £9.00
- Half grilled lobster with béarnaise sauce £14.95
- Parfait of foie gras maison £9.00
Other starters are available.
- Ribeye of Aberdeen Angus aux escargots a la béarnaise £18.50
- Duck confit, braised red cabbage, jus gras £17.50
- Roast suckling pig, apple sauce - jus a la marjolaine £16.95
- Rack of lamb, young vegetables, jus romarin £18.50
- Seared tuna, aubergine caviar, sauce vierge £15.95
- Roast chicken a l'Anglaise - bread sauce, breadcrumbs £15.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
Menu du jour @ £14.95 for 2 courses and £17.95 for 3 courses.
224 Piccadilly, Piccadilly, W1J 9HS
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 5:30pm - 11pm
Smart casual, no jeans, no trainers