Chez Gerard - Covent Garden
About Chez Gerard - Covent Garden
What a location! What a space! Chez Gerard in Covent Garden makes full use of its bright, light piazza setting, with a lovely arching conservatory dining room, terrace and outdoor seating with heaters to extend the nice weather for as long as we can stand it. This is a great place for meeting
mates before excursions to shops, theatre, cinema, or the famous Covent Garden Opera directly opposite. It’s also perfect for reviving yourselves after your exertions. See and be seen here, with a perfect view from above the street madness below. The menu is French, mes amis, with a selection of
excellent steaks with equally excellent frites. There are also traditional French brasserie dishes like confit of duck as as fish and vegetarian dishes. We like their tarte tatin with vanilla ice cream very much indeed.
Sample a la carte
- Soupe a l’oignon (traditional French onion soup with gruyere cheese croutons) £4.95
- Terrine de porc fermier du pays basque (coarse free range pork pate made in pays basque served with toasted pave perene bread and chilli pepper jam) £5.75
- Salade de chevre chaud (grilled goat’s cheese topped with toasted hazelnuts on mixed leaves) £5.95
- Escargots de bourgogne (a dozen burgundy snails baked in garlic butter) £7.25
Other starters are available.
- Poulet grille, jus de rotl (simply grilled corn fed chicken with provencal herbs and chicken jus) £11.50
- Confit de canard aux pommes sarladaise (duck confit with sauteed potatoes, braised onions and thyme) £12.95
- Bouef bourguignon (braised beef in syrah red wine with sauteed button onions, button mushrooms, smoked lardons and chantenay carrots) £13.95
- Foie de veau grille au lard, pomme mousseline (grilled french calf liver and grilled smoked bacon served with mashed potato) £15.50
- Paillard de veau (grilled french veal escalope with fresh lemon) £16.95
- Medallions de beouf poeles, champignon et sauce bearnaise (pan fried medallions of beef with grilled flat mushrooms, glazed with bearnaise sauce) £18.25
Other main meals are available.
- Choix de glaces et sorbets (lemon,mango or raspberry sorbets, vanilla pod, bitter chocolate, praline or coffee ice cream) £4.50
- Ananas roti au caramel, sorbet mangue (roasted pineapple in butterscotch sauce with mango sorbet) £4.50
- Tarte au citron (french lemon tart, creme fraiche and blackcurrant puree) £4.75
- Petit pot ’Valrhona’ bitter (valrhona bitter chocolate mousse, orange compote, raspberry puree and crushed hazelnuts) £4.75
Other desserts are available.
45 The Plaza, Covent Garden, WC2E 8RF
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 10:30pm