The Green Olive
About The Green Olive
Hidden in a Little Venice mews, the Green Olive is a fond favourite among the typically well-off members of the neighbourhood. Split over two levels, a rustic bare-brick main dining room leads down to a walled garden and one of Maida Vale's most charming al fresco dining spots. The cooking is beautiful and honest, with dishes like organic rump of lamb with Mediterranean potato cake, and the homemade pastas, likely to elevate the spirits. Tuscan and Sardinian Pecorino on the impressive Italian cheese plate is hard to beat.
Sample a la carte
- Timballo di melanzana con croccantino di burrata (aubergine parmigiana with croccantino of burrata cheese) £7.00
- Carpaccio di salmone organico su crostino e salsa allo yogurt e avocado
organic salmon carpaccio on toast of bread with yogurt and avocado sauce £8.00
- Ravioli di agnello con la sua essenza (leg of lamb ravioli with its reduction, red peppers and spring onions) £11.00
- Risotto con polpo in zimino (risotto with octopus) £9.00
Other starters are available
- Filetto di agnello con tortino di patate, carote e scalogni al vino rosso
(sheep drove organic fillet of lamb with Mediterranean potato cake, carrots and shallots in a red wine reduction) £19.00
- Costoletta di vitello alla Milanese con insalatina mista (costoletta of veal "Milanese" with mix salad) £16.00
- Tagliata di manzo con insalatina di rucola e parmigiano (beef tagliata with rocket and parmesan salad) £14.00
- Filetto di merluzzo alla griglia con patate, pomodorino e cozze (grilled cod with potatoes, cherry tomatoes and mussels) £16.00
- Coda di rospo arrostita con olive taggiasche e fregola sarda mantecata (roasted monkfish with fregola, tomato and taggiasche olives) £18.00
- Filetto fi tonno con caponata di verdure (fillet of blue fin tuna fish with vegetables caponata) £17.00
5 Warwick Place, W9 2PX
Some of the dishes could contain nut product, please ask a member of staff.
A discretionary service charge 12.5% will be added to the final bill.
£35 - £44
Tues - Thurs 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Fri - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Smart / Casual