About The Pumphouse
The Pumphouse Dining Bar in Hornsey is one of London's most fabulous-looking restaurants. This very cool contemporary eaterie is retrofitted into a soaring, bright, Victorian pumphouse - a neighbourhood restaurant worth crossing town for. The authentic glazed bricks and lifting mechanisms are still here, a perfect setting for the cool bar lounge area with its pools of orange light, the leather and wood of the main dining room, the groovy mezzanine. There's a heated terrace outside so you can enjoy the first and last of the summer breezes. The seasonally-changing Italian menu features some new, traditional dishes alongside an inventive mix of modern Mediterranean cooking. The Pumphouse has sophistication, warmth and good times all in one spot.
Sample a la carte
- Mix vegetable gratin with cauliflower puree £5.50
- Crab with watercress salad with lime and chilli mayo £6.50
- Parma ham with figs and courgette flower £8.00
- Deep fried calamari with crushed almonds £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Gnocchi with clams and rocket £7.00
- Pumpkin risotto £6.00
- Lamb with caramelized chicory £16.50
- Monkfish with bubble and squeak £14.50
- Grilled halibut with seared pock choi £14.00
- Ribeye with crispy potato and spinach £15.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
1 New River Avenue, Hornsey, N8 7QD
£25 - £34
Tues - Fri 6pm - 10pm
Sat - Sun 12pm - 10pm