About Sahara Restaurant
In London’s Notting Hill you can eat food from virtually any country you care to mention. If you're in the mood for as genuine a Moroccan evening you're likely to find outside the city itself, then pass beneath the colourful arches of Sahara Restaurant and into the warmth of a traditional Southern Morocco restaurant. Bright yellow banquette seating catches the eye, as do little lanterns illuminating sandblasted walls. But it's Sahara Restaurant’s food that really shines out; homemade meat, fish and vegetable tagines are cooked with real skill and affection. Moroccan dishes aren't simple; the balance of powerful spices such as cinnamon and saffron not easily achieved. The night starts well - you're served hot fresh bread with a small bowl of olive oil, marinated olives and homemade harissa - and just gets better.
Sample a la carte
- Chicken liver (marinated chicken liver sautèed with lemon coriander, garlic and butter) £5.50
- Moutabal baba ghanouj (grilled aubergines puree mixed with sesame paste (tahine), and lemon juice) £5.00
- Lahem bíagine (baked pastry topped with
minced meat, tomato, onion, red & green peppers and pine kernels) £4.50
- Batata harra & fried vegetables (cubes of potatoes sautèed with garlic, coriander, sweet pepper and chilli, topped with fried vegetables) £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Shish taouk (charcoal-grilled skewers of marinated chicken cubes, served with or without garlic sauce) £12.95
- Mixed grills (charcoal-grilled skewers of seasoned minced lamb, marinated lamb and chicken cubes, served with or without garlic sauce) £14.50
- Roasted lamb (braised shank of lamb marinated in special herbs and spices, served with seasoned rice) £12.95
- King prawns (fresh king prawns grilled or sautèed, served with special spicy sauce) £18.0
- Kibbeh saynieh (minced lamb mixed with spices and cracked wheat, filled with sautèed minced meat, pine kernels and onion, served with yoghurt and cucumber salad) £12.95
- Soujok (spicy sausage wrap, flambèed with butter and lemon, garlic sauce, tomato, pickles) £6.99
Other main courses are available.
- Ossmallieh (baked vermicelli with cream cheese, topped with rosewater syrup and sprinkled with pistachios) £4.00
- Knefeh (cream cheese topped with semolina served with syrup) £4.00
- Baklawa (selection of miniature traditional Lebanese pastries filled with nuts and syrup) £4.00
- Mouhallabieh (Lebanese milk pudding, topped with rosewater syrup & sprinkled with pistachios) £4.00
Other desserts are available.
39 Hereford Road, W2 4AB
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm