Bbar’s South African-themed bar and restaurant in London’s Victoria does a good trade in classy lunches, fine wines and fantastic cocktails. Here's where you can dine out on springbok (on sweet potato mash, with bacon, lentils and mushroom sauce), or, if it's lunchtime, Boerewors sausages. Having said that, the menu is predominantly Modern European. The SA options are simply particularly worth mentioning. Mike Myers' photographs of big game, zebrano wooden table tops, leopardskin lampshades, and fake crocodile leather chairs coupled with enthusiastic, ever-smiling staff provide all the equatorial atmosphere you could wish for. Downstairs, a funky, laidback bar copes with the after-work overspill. Finally, a decent restaurant near Victoria Station.
Sample restaurant menu
- Marinated honeyed beetroot with Goat’s cheese, pine nuts & cabernet dressing £9.00
- BBQ chicken salad with crispy bacon, roast tomatoes & avocado mayonnaise £7.00
- Crispy chilli calamari with tomato & cucumber salad & lemon aioli £10.00
- Seared scallops with glass noodle & cress salad & sweet citrus dressing £12.00
Other starters is available.
- Pan fried sea bass fillet with sun dried tomato tapenade, spring vegetable taglierini & basil £18.00
- 8oz rib-eye steak with your choice of peppercorn or blue cheese & bacon sauce. Served with Chips £19.00
- Ostrich prime steak with sweet potato dauphinoise with field mushrooms, spinach & spiced currant chutney £19.00
- Traditional South African lamb & tomato bredie served with green beans & yellow rice £18.00
- Goat cheese & spinach tortellini with cherry tomatoes, asparagus & parmesan shavings £12.00
- Chicken cobb salad with avocado, tomatoes, parma ham, blue cheese & a herb dressing £14.00
Other main courses is available.
A selection of desserts is available.
43 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1W 0PP
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 11am - 11pm
Sat 11am - 7:30pm