Memories of India on the River
About Memories of India on the River
Imperial Wharf's growing reputation among London's foodies may well have something to do with Memories of India on the river, the modern Indian offering among this new development's select band of restaurants. It looks the Chelsea part with its smooth wooden floors, upholstered toffee leather seating, bold modern artwork against cream walls, and moody spotlighting. Matching the décor is a contemporary monthly-changing menu of inspired Indian sub-continent dishes based on guinea fowl, lobster and swordfish, as well as the more familiar. The Bengali jhinga macher molai curry of king-size prawns marinated in fragrant spices and coconut is excellent. So are side dishes and desserts. Diners are mainly well-to-do locals who appreciate the warm welcome and charming service.
Sample a la carte
- Kur kuri soft shell crab (soft shell crab marinated in oyster sauce and green herbs coated with tempura batter, deep fried served with side salad a truly combination of fusion cuisine) £11.95
- Konkan chilli prawn & chicken (green herbs coated King prawn and chicken pan fried with tomato garl) £7.00
- Seekh kebab (minced meat marinated with chopped mint, coriander, green chilli and spices, cooked in tandoor. Served with lacha onion salad) £6.00
- Aloo took chat (spicy baby potato deep fried and served with tangy yoghurt dressing) £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Murgh suganda (chicken with herbs and spices with fresh cream butter, mango and topped with fresh spinach) £10.95
- Persian duck roast (Gressingham duck breast grilled and cooked in Persian spices served with baby honey Nan) £11.95
- Chettinad lamb fry (South Indian style lamb cooked in its own stock, flavoured with whole spices tempered in dakshini style served with coconut rice) £11.95
- Tandoori aatish-e-jhinga (large king prawns marinated in yoghurt and red chilly dressing cooked in tandoor served with baby gem salad) £12.95
- Black dal makhani bukhara (a very popular black dal from northern part of India prepared with onion, garlic, cream and butter) £4.50
- Tandoori mix platter (a superb combination of clay oven delicacies synchronizes in one platter served with salad and home made sauce) £12.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
7 The Boulevard, Townmead Road, Imperial Wharf, Adjacent to Chelsea Harbour, Chelsea, SW6 2UB
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm and 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 4:30pm and 6pm - 11:30pm