Franco's restaurant has been a London institution since the last war, and now that this Mayfair stalwart has enjoyed a full refurbishment it has absolutely embraced the 21st century. Bright green awnings welcome you to the classic Edwardian building. Inside, the elegant 1940's-inspired décor is bright and modern, with light woods, off-white walls and comfy upholstered dining chairs. Fresh authentic ingredients are flown in from Italy and the Mediterranean for the authentic Italian menu. The homemade bread wins rave reviews. You may like to try starter of octopus salad with fennel and orange, main course of slow-roasted pork belly with Jerusalem artichokes and mandarin-flavoured sauce or simple meat or fish from the grill, and dessert of white chocolate and coffee bean mousse with Galliano sauce. The service is young and swift, and the wine list a winner, too.
Sample lunch menu
- Octopus salad with fennel & orange
- Selection of Italian salami; capocollo, spianata, finocchiona & pickles
- Black Aberdeen Angus beef carpaccio, escapece wild mushrooms & grana padano cheese
Other starters are available.
- Classic crisp lasagne
- Pan fried skate wing with cucunci capers, black olives & cherry tomatoes
- Slow roasted pork belly with Jerusalem artichokes & mandarin flavoured sauce
- 'Involtini' of calves liver with olive oil mashed potato
- Grilled Cornish calamari with mixed salad-- Veal Ossobuco with soft polenta £5.00 supplement
- Pappardelle with duck ragout
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
61 Jermyn Street, St James’, SW1Y 6LX
Actual menu features a wider selection of dishes than listed below
2 Courses £25.00
3 Courses £30.00
4 Courses £35.00
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 7am - 10:30am & 12pm - 11pm