Tamesa occupies the airy second floor of the iconic Oxo Tower on London's South Bank. The rivers views here are something else - when the tide's, it's almost like the Thames is part of the space. Part cool bar, part brasserie, the latter serves a please-everyone range of contemporary and classic dishes along the lines of salad Nicoise with seared tuna, haddock pie with onion sauce, and rump of lamb with beetroot and minted peas. Tunisian orange cake with spiced syrup and orange ice cream looks set to rule the 'tarts and puds' list. A spacious circular space, the beautiful bar shows off an elaborate collection of classic red, white and orange chairs off-set by light oak flooring and neatly-dressed tables. Such a scenic setting demands you sip on a cocktail. (May we recommend a French Berry).
Sample a la carte
- Aubergine and red pepper roulade, with bocconcini and marinated tomatoes £7.50
- Crayfish, avocado and cos lettuce salad, tiger prawn and sauce 'marie rose'£7.50
- Antipasto platter (for two) £11.50
- Carpaccio of beef with rocket leaves and capers £7.50
Other starters are available.
- Wild mushroom risotto £12.50
- Fillet of sea trout with broad beans peas, Jersey royals, cucumber salad
and beurre blanc £13.00
- Fish and chips with tartare sauce £12.50
- Roast fillet of sea bass with crushed new potatoes and sauce vierge £14.50
- Braised salt beef brisket with pickled button onions, herb dumplings,
beetroot and horseradish cream £12.00
- Rump of lamb with morcilla, crispy breast, piquillo pepper and caper dressing £15.50
- Grilled calves liver, mustard cream, bacon and onion rings £14.50
Other main courses are available.
- Selection of cheeses, with biscuits and chutney £7.50
- Summer pudding with blueberry compote and clotted cream £6.00
- Crème caramel with almond bread £5.50
- Chocolate and praline parfait with amoretti biscuit cream £6.00
Other desserts are available.
Second Floor, Oxo Tower Wharf, SE1 9PH
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3:30pm & 5:30pm - 11.30pm
Sat 12pm - 11.30pm
Sun 12pm - 6pm
Closed Sunday evenings.