About The Lock
Located in between a lock & the River Lea on the far eastern borders of Haringey borough, The Lock features the innovative talents of proprietors Adebola Adeshina, Fabrizio Russo and Black Olive Restaurants, who have created an elegantly styled gastronomic delight. Open and spacious, the restaurant features pine flooring, dark oak handmade tables and comfy leather and iron chairs where diners can admire the works of local artist adorning the walls. Gordon Ramsay trained co-owner and head chef Adebola Adeshina focuses heavily on seasonal produce, keeping with The Lock's ethos of quality and freshness and British-yet-globally-influenced menu. Wine lovers will swoon over the well-chosen list, and the Sunday Roast lunch is an all-around favourite.
Sample a la carte
- Steamed lasagna of hand picked Cornish crab and shellfish bisque sauce £9.50
- Savoy cabbage stuffed with lamb sweetbread and kidneys, plantain and saffron puree £5.50
- Terrine of smoked British saddleback ham hock granny smith apples and celeriac rémoulade, toasted brioche £6.50
- Pan fried yellow polenta cake with warm crotin goat cheese mushroom tapenade, truffle emulsion £5.50
Other starters are available.
- Pan fried skin side down tranche of pollock, cannelloni of smoked salmon and white fish mousse, white coco beans in lemon grass vinaigrette £13.95
- Steamed fillet of sea bass with a fennel farce white cabbage and air dried sultanas, oyster veloute £16.25
- 28 days hanged forerib steak of english beef, smoked pork belly bubble and squeak, roasted vegetables port and red wine jus £28.95 (for 2 to share)
- Braised belly of british saddleback pork, steamed boudin blanc, coins of crackling, carrots puree and chorizo crisps sticky red wine sauce £14.00
- Breast of guinea fowl roasted on the crown, chicory tarte beetroot puree, roasting jus and red wine reduction £12.50
- Fruits of the forest and sautéed gnocchi with wilted spinach and sun dried tomatoes
Other main courses are available.
- Orange sponge pudding served with vanilla pannacotta £5.50
- Cherries Clafoutis and strawberries sorbet £5.50
- Caramelised tarte tatin of Braeburns apples £9.00 (for 2 to share)
- Frangipane tarte with crème pâtissier and winter berries £5.00
Other desserts are available.
Heron House, Hale Wharf, N17 9NF
£35 - £34
Tue - Fri 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10pm
Sat 6pm - 10pm
Sun 12pm - 5pm