Head for the curiously named Zigfrid & Underbelly perched on the edge of Hoxton's famous square and enter a world of boho-glam-rock. This is where cultures collide, sophisticated city types meet Shoreditch's artists, fashionistas, musos and students, for food, drink and merriment served up with a generous dose of uber-cool tunes. Upstairs an open kitchen bistro style restaurant serves a friendly road-side menu with classic dishes such as spinach, bacon, roquefort and avocado salad, char-grilled haloumi with couscous salad, plus crowd-pleasing favourites such as sausage and mash with onion gravy. Don your tightest jeans and embrace the rock theme with a delicious "rocktail" (that's a rock'n'roll cocktail). Regular club nights playing a mix of music from electronica to punk rock and techno make this one of Hoxton’s best venues for an edgy yet unpretentious vibe.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy duck salad with beans & red peppers £6.50
- Char-grilled haloumi with couscous salad £6.50
- Roast salmon with Jersey royals and English asparagus with hollandaise sauce £ 7.50
- Ziggy's organic Scotch beef burger with chips and salad. (Add cheese or bacon to your burger for 50p each) £8.50
- Iberian pork burger with chips and salad £7.00
- Rib eye steak with chips, salad, mushrooms & tomatoes £9.50
Other mains and side dishes are available.
- Apple crumble with custard £4.00
- Chocolate fudge cake £4.00
11 Hoxton Square, N1 6NV
£35 and under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 1am
Sun 12pm - 12:30am