Livebait - SE1
About Livebait - SE1
Livebait has got just the right stuff to lure hungry diners into its bright, friendly restaurant. The atmosphere is brasserie-ish in the sense that it’s informal and relaxed. This particular has the same high-quality super-fresh fish and shellfish that makes the food so memorable in other locations. The most popular dish is the Livebait Platter, a huge international grouping of Nova Scotia lobster, Dorset crab, Madagascan crevettes, Atlantic prawns and Indian Ocean crevettes that serves at least two people. Starters range from steamed mussels to fish soup with aioli to taramasalata, mains range from straightforward fish and chips to panfried seabass and fantail crevette linguini with chilli and ginger and baby spinach. If you can manage it, the blackberry and apple crumble with clotted cream is fab. Effective cocktails and nice wines - more than a dozen are available by the glass.
Sample a la carte
- Lightly spiced crispy whitebait served with tzatziki £4.95
- Fresh Asparagus with Parmesan cream and balsamic vinegar £6.25
- Tiger prawns, rocket and Feta £6.75
- Skewer of grilled king scallops and tiger prawns with Thai noodle salad £9.75
Other starters are available.
- Whole dressed Dorset crab with mayonnaise £9.95
- Spicy red Thai fish curry with rice £14.75
- Seared seabass fillet with ginger and chilli crab and baby spinach £17.25
- Grilled gambas prawns and lemon skewer with tomato, garlic and feta cheese £17.95
- Grilled Nova Scotia lobster with dressed leaves and chips £21.00
- Supreme of chicken filled with Gruyere cheese £14.74
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
43 The Cut, SE1 8LF
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 5pm & 5pm - 11pm
Sun 12.30pm - 5pm & 5pm - 9pm