Sale e Pepe
About Sale e Pepe
Now in its fourth decade, Sale e Pepe continues to attract loyal clientele from all over the world. Generations have come to rely on this traditional trattoria just two minutes' walk from Harvey Nichols. They love the consistently good cooking, the lively, light-hearted atmosphere, and the familiar faces of the friendly staff who haven’t changed much in all the years Sale a Pepe's been open. Manager for over 30 years, Tony knows everyone and everyone knows Tony. The cuisine is of the traditional kind likely to remind of your favourite meals in Italy. Sale e Pepe is famous for its fresh Dover sole, calves liver and veal chop, but the pasta dishes are highly recommended too. Excellent daily specials. A delightful discovery.
Sample a la carte menu
- Insalata di mare (homemade seafood salad with a lemon, olive oil and garlic dressing) £10.50
- Melanzane alla parmigiana (aubergines baked in a tomato sauce with mozzarella) £9.00
- Carpaccio alla rucola (beef carpaccio with rocket and parmesan served with olive oil and lemon) £12.50
- Paté fatto in casa (homemade smooth chicken liver and pork paté) £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina (gnocchi with a tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh basil) £11.00
- Ravioli di vitello (veal and ricotta ravioli in a fresh tomato and basil sauce) £12.00
- Coda di rospo all'acqua pazza (monkfish with white wine, baby cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano) £19.50
- Agnello burro e rosmarino (lamb cutlets cooked with butter and fresh rosemary) £15.00
- Minuta di manzo forestiere (thin fillet of beef with mushrooms, bacon and garlic in a red wine sauce) £17.00
- Pollastrino aromatico (whole grilled baby chicken with rosemary) £14.00
- Piccatine al limone (veal escalope cooked in butter and lemon) £13.50
Other main courses are available.
- Macedonia fresh fruit salad £6.50
- Frutti di bosco con gelato mixed berries with vanilla ice cream £6.50
- Semifreddo al cioccolato homemade sponge cake layered with zabaglione and chocolate ice cream £6.50
- Pannacotta pannacotta with a coulis of fresh berries £6.50
Other desserts are available.
9 - 15 Pavillion Road, SW1X 0HD
£35 - £44 / €50 - €63
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 7pm - 11:45pm