Poissonnerie de L’Avenue
About Poissonnerie de L’Avenue
Poissonnerie de l'Avenue fish restaurant in London's ever-so-smart Chelsea has been a hotbed of fine dining since swinging London days. It's older than your dad. But the fish is fresh as the morn, thanks to the same-ownership fishmonger next door. Shiny chrome doorframes reflect the passing catwalk of Brompton Cross, while indoors the wood paneling, lobster-motif carpeting, gilt-framed seascapes and stiff table linens remain reassuringly unchanged from decades past. And, if you are a celeb, you'll find you can relax here among the unshockably well-mannered. The seasonally-changing menu includes starter of classic escargots de Bourgogne maison, main course of sealed yellowfin tuna with coarse salt and virgin olive oil, and dessert of tarte tatin aux pommes. Heavily French wine list. Non-fish dishes console meat-eaters.
Sample a la carte
- Calamaris sautés aux trois piments doux et au chili (fresh calamari sautéed with three pimentos, chilli, shallots, white wine & virgin olive oil)£10.50
- Mouclade de moules (mussels in shallots & white wine sauce with a touch of curry & cream) £10.50
- Saumon fumé à la moscovite (smoked salmon with poached quail eggs served with sour cream and red caviar) £10.50
- Asperges vertes, froides ou chaudes (green asparagus served hot with Hollandaise sauce or cold with vinaigrette dressing) £9.50 (v)
Other starters are available
- Risotto en blanc aux asperges vertes et à la courge (risotto with fresh green asparagus and pumpkin) £10.50
- Fetuccine all'uovo, aragosta, chilli e pomodorini (Italian noodles served with lobster, fresh tomatoes and chilli) £15.50
- Médaillions d'agneau pôeles, timbale de champignons sauvages et epinard (medallions of lamb served with a timbale of field mushrooms and spinach) £17.50
- Blanc de fletan braisé au champagne et champignons (braised fillets of halibut served in a champagne & mushroom sauce) £20.50
- Salade de crabe frais à la mangue et mayonnaise (fresh crabmeat served with salad, mango & mayonnaise) £19.50
- Plateau de fruits de mer avec homard (lobster, crab, oysters, langoustines or prawns, mussels, clams, served on ice) £38.00 per person (min 2.)
- Desserts are available from the desserts trolley
82 Sloane Avenue, SW3 3DZ
We do not use genetically modified ingredients.
Whenever we can, we use organically grown produce.
We are not against smoking, but please refrain from smoking pipes.
17.5% VAT included in all prices. 15% suggested gratuities will be added
£45 - £54 / €65 - €79
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 7pm - 11:45pm
Smart Casual / Classic