About Village East
Village East restaurant in London's historic, madly active Bermondsey calls to mind the East Village establishments we infest in Manhattan. It sprawls through a listed warehouse and glass-fronted apartment building and is decorated in polished concrete, rough wooden pillars, snazzy curving white chairs, and a wide open kitchen. You can watch Darryl Healy, formerly with The Savoy and Australia's The Radii, hard at work there creating his modern European menu. Some dishes are made for sharing between two - a romantic touch. Village East starters include seared scallops and caramelised pork belly, carrot purée, teriyaki glaze; mains include Chateaubriand (for 2) with green beans, chateau potatoes and béarnaise; desserts include a delicious crème brûlée. Great bars. Chilled vibe.
Sample a la carte
- Asparagus & Gruyere tart £5.70
- Parfait of Foie Gras £7.50
- Confit duck spring rolls £6.70
- Seared scallops & caramelised pork belly £7.80
Other starters are available.
- Avocado thermidor Buffalo mozzarella, avocado pear & baby spinach £12.50
- Pancetta & Taleggio stuffed free range Suffolk chicken breast wild mushrooms, lima beans £14.60
- Roast thyme & honey glazed duck breast fondant potato, redcurrant sauce £16.4
- West Cork beef burger sautéed foie gras, caramelised onions, jumbo gherkin & fries £13.90
- 20oz cote de boeuf served with chateau potatoes & béarnaise £29.50(to share)
- Fricassee of seafood £29.50 (to share)
Other main courses are available.
- Soft chocolate fondant, Calvados ice cream £6
- Caramelized lemon and passion fruit tart, cardamom ice cream £6
- Village crème brûlée £6
- Pannacotta, new-season berry compote £6
Other desserts are available.
171 - 173 Bermondsey Street, SE1 3UW
£35-£44 / €50-€63
Mon - Thu 12pm - 11:30pm
Fri & Sat 12pm - 1:30am
Sun 12pm - 10:30pm