Jalalabad 2 Restaurant
About Jalalabad 2 Restaurant
Jalalabad 2 Indian restaurant in Newbury Park in Essex is named for the romantic Afghani city at the entrance to the Khyber Pass, and is the sister restaurant to the long-loved Jalalabad just up the road. This bright, modern corner restaurant has shining glass frontage, light wood floors and tables and brilliant blue upholstery. Staff are fleet and friendly. Jalalabad regularly features on the list of top 100 curry restaurants in the UK, so Jalalabad should surely follow in its footsteps. The menu has classics and favourites from the regions, like onion bhajis, tandoori mixed grills, peshwari chicken, balties, and fish specialties.
Sample a la carte
- Chicken pakora (smashed chicken cooked with bread crumbs) £2.60
- Chicken or lamb tikka (lean, succulent pieces of chicken or lamb marinated in yoghurt with fresh ginger and garlic and barbequed in tandoori clay oven, served on a bed of salad) £2.75
- Shami kebab (mince lamb with freshly ground aromatic spices that are cooked through and pan-fried) £2.50
- Mushroom pakora cooked with bread crumbs £2.60
- Tandoori chicken mosalla (marinated selected pieces cooked in clay oven in secret spices, then delicately cooked with fresh cream, coconut, almond powder and a very tasty sauce) £6.95
- Prawn, chicken or lamb sag (medium with spinach) £5.50
- Chicken or lamb ceylon (fairly hot with coconuts, red chili, ginger and ground peppercorn and generously applied in this exceptionally hot curry from southerly asia) £5.50
- Vegetable dansak £4.95
- Chefs special balti lamb chops £7.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
992-994 Eastern Avenue, IG2 7JD
Under £25 (€35)
Mon - Sun 6pm - 11:30pm