About Green Chilli
Green Chilli restaurant in West London brings home-style Indian cooking to Hammersmith. Head Chef Rajender Kumar, who has worked with top hotel groups like the Taj in Delhi, oversees an unfussy but original menu of dishes chosen for their authentic, tantalising flavours. The menu is helpfully divided into dishes for veggies and carnivores. Meat-lovers can kick off with duck shaslik - chargrilled cubes of duck breast marinated in a spicy yoghurt - while their veggie friends hoover up the Chatpata tandoori paneer (chunks of marinated paneer cheese, onions and peppers cooked in the tandoor). Mains include an earthy dal makhani (black lentils, slow-cooked overnight on a resting tandoor and finished with home-made butter), and a Bombay fish curry, fragrant with aniseed and tangy with tamarind. Ring the changes on naan by ordering Roomali Roti - wafer-thin, wholewheat and unleavened, it's perfect to mop up the last morsels from your plate. Wines are very reasonably priced and beers include the Indian classics Kingfisher and Cobra.
Sample a la carte
- Pilli pilli boga (mushrooms, aubergine, peppers and cauliflower mixed in flour and fried until golden brown) £3.75
- Seekh kebab gilafi (lamb mince patties kebab flavoured with ginger, garlic, stuffed with mint, onion and fine duxelles of egg) £4.95
- Butter chicken (on the bone chicken, marinated in butter and yoghurt with chef's special masala and roasted in a tandoor) £6.50
- Tandoori salmon tikka (chunks of salmon flavoured with fenugreek leaves and clove in a yoghurt cheese marinade, grilled on open charcoal) £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Vegetable kofta (seasoned vegetable dumpling served in rich gravy) £4.95
- Lamb keema mattar (lamb mince cooked with green peas and rich spices) £7.25
- Murgh mussalum (supremes of chicken, cooked light, but spicy, tomato and chilli sauce) £7.25
Lamb saagwala (sautéed lamb cooked with fresh baby spinach and garlic) £7.25
- Chicken tikka makhani (chicken tikka in creamy tomato-onion gravy fl avoured with grated ginger and an abundance of fresh coriander) £7.50
- Bombay fish curry (fish curry simmered with doodhi vegetables, pounded cumin, coriander and aniseed finished with a tang of tamarind) £7.95
Other main courses are available.
- Ras Malai £3.25
- Gulab Jamun with Ice cream £4.00
- Maal pua with rabri £4.00
- Gajar ka halwa £3.50
Other desserts are available.
220 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 0RA
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 11:30am - 3pm & 5:30pm - 11:30pm