An institution on the Glasgow dining circuit, Gamba is known as the best seafood restaurant in town and has been the recipient of various accolades, including 2 AA rosettes and a favourable mention in Tatler magazine’s 2007 Restaurant Guide. Decorated throughout with a neutral Mediterranean theme, Gamba is popular for date nights and pre/post theatre meals, and the menu specialises in fresh seafood with a British twist. Expect dishes such as the Gamba fish soup with crabmeat, stem ginger and prawn dumplings; the stuffed sea bass with roast peppers, mussels, basil and balsamic; and the delectable lemon and rosemary tart with fresh raspberries and marscarpone sorbet. The wine list embraces both new and old world vintages.
Sample a la carte
- Mussel and sundried tomato stew with onions, basil and fregola pasta £7.95
- Tartare of yellow fin tuna with olives, goats cheese and sesame £9.95
- Smooth parfait of chicken livers with apricot chutney and toasted fruit loaf £7.95
- Dressed Cornish crab with horseradish crème fraiche and avruga caviar £13.95
Other starters are available.
- Lemon sole simply grilled or pan-fried in browned lemon butter £21.95
- Whole roast sea bream with garlic, tomato, onion, olive oil and sweet soy £18.95
- Roast hake with a cauliflower, mussels and pea curry with poppadom £17.95
- Fillet of beef with madeira, duck confit and roasted root vegetables £27.95
- Asparagus and St Maur tart with pine kernels and thyme £11.50
- Cajun spiced fillets of mackerel with creamed ginger, honey, artichoke and potatoes £15.95
Other main courses are available.
- Beaufort, gorgonzola, camembert and keens cheddar £7.95
- Warm stem ginger sponge with vanilla ice cream £5.95
- Valhrona chocolate tart with raspberry sorbet £6.95
- Poached pears with red wine, clove and pannacotta £6.95
Other desserts are available.
225a West George Street, G2 2ND
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 5pm - 10pm