One of the buzziest, cheekiest modern eateries on London's James Street. This small, perfectly formed restaurant has found a genuine niche in charcoaled Mediterranean grills. Portions are generous, and the choice of healthy dishes temptingly diverse. Alongside the superb mixed grill (all cuts are marinated in for around 24 hours) sit crab cakes, stuffed aubergines and spiced quail. A 'super duper quick' lunch menu is a hit with time-starved local office workers. Chef's specials change daily. Super-enthusiasts sit at the small bar directly in front of the open kitchen where orders are barbecued virtually under their aroma-filled noses. Gold star service.
Sample a la carte
- Honey & lime prawn kebabs with mango salsa £5.00
- Grilled le chevrot and corella pears crostini £4.50
- Best wings in the land £4.00
- Char grilled chorizo & halloumi skewers £4.50
Other starters are available.
- Spiced quail with grilled plums £7.50
- 24oz T-Bone 13.95
- "OH, BABY" tex mex back ribs £7.85
- Grilled sea bass with lemon & thyme £8.25
- 8oz venison burger with mint yoghurt £6.35
- Char grilled stuffed aubergine £6.50
Other main courses are available.
- Lime creme brulee with raspberries £3.50
- Grilled pineapple with coconut ice-cream £4.50
- Ice cream sundaes £3.50
- Spiced apple cake £3.95
Other desserts are available.
54 James Street, W1U 1EU
Grills are served with a choise of sauce: Bearnaise / peppercorn / yoghurt mint / chilli / herb butter
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm