About The Vintry
The Vintry knows it’s City of London audience, it likes quality beef, seafood, beer and wine. Simple.
The setting is industrial (exposed duct work, bare lightbulbs) meets smart and gently funky (designery lighting, highly polished dark wood floor, jeans wearing waiting staff). Pick of the classy, unpretentious Modern European dishes are the three cuts each of Irish Hereford and Ayrshire beef, served with hand-cut chips and a choice of four sauces. Wonderful stuff. So is the seafood,two choices of oysters and a platter. A very good 100+ wine list, arranged by country, peaks at £140 for a Penfolds Grange 1997.
Sample a la carte
- Smoked mozzarella on grilled polenta with fennel and radicchio salad £5.95
- Prawn and octopus terrine with broad bean pesto and roasted chilli £6.95
- Smoked haddock kedgeree £7.25
- Serrano ham and apricot devils on horseback with mustard and baby chard leaves £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Penne with sausages, tomato and purple sprouting broccoli £8.95
- Ravioli of Taleggio cheese with a walnut cream sauce £9.25
- 10 oz beef burger with onion marmalade, chipotle aioli and hand cut chips £10.75
- Slow roasted pork belly with Bramley apple sauce and rosemary mashed potatoes £11.95
- Confit of duck with braised red cabbage and balsamic reduction £12.25
- Pan-fried monkfish with lightly curried cockles and mussels £13.95
Other main courses are available.
- Yorkshire rhubarb and vanilla cheesecake £5.00
- Tarte Tatin with clotted cream £5.50
- Flourless Valrhona chocolate torte with crème fraiche £5.50
- Pineapple, kiwi and passion fruit salad with mojito sorbet £5.50
Other desserts are available.
Abchurch Yard / Sherborne Lane, EC4N 5AX
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 11pm.