La Grande Marque
About La Grande Marque
La Grande Marque is a City bar with a difference: it's set in the ground floor of the Library Building of the venerable Middle Temple. Gorgeous on the inside, it also opens onto the exquisite Middle Temple garden, so on sunny days you can head out and relax on the terrace or create a picnic hamper from the bar menu and take it onto the lawns (they'll even give you a picnic rug!). If you're not into the great outdoors, you'll be just as happy in the simple wine bar, the smart lounge or the small but elegant dining area. Admire the 18th century artwork as you tuck into the modern brasserie menu, featuring simple but perfectly executed dishes from tapas and classic sandwiches to cheese and pâté boards with crusty French bread and daily specials like Cumberland sausage and mash, roast pepper and feta tart or aromatic duck salad. Pudding might be honey and saffron crème brûlée or fruits of the forest crumble. A cross between a trip back in time and a trip to a country house, La Grande Marque is a real haven in the heart of the city.
- Sweet potato soup with red chilli essence
- Duck confit rillettes with red capsicum compote
- Seared scallops on a bed of pea purée
- Pigeon salad with celeriac remoulade and raspberry dressing
Other starters are available.
- Fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with sautéed mushrooms, vine tomatoes, fat chips and red wine jus
- Seared sword fish steak with clams, leeks and potato chowder
- Roasted rump of Welsh lamb with spring onion and chives mashed potatoes and vegetable ratatouille
- Blackened cod with pak choi, puy lentils and lemon balm dressing
- Pan fried duck breast with potato rosti and pickled red cabbage
- Mushroom and chestnut risotto with pecorino cheese
Other mains are available.
Library Building, Middle Temple Lane, EC4Y 9BT
2 Courses: £21.50
3 Courses: £27.50
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 9:30am - 11pm