Occupying a central location just off Tottenham Court Road, Hakuba brings unique modern Japanese food to the West End of London. Dark wood panelling and slate tiles add up to a rustic, natural look while decadent private booths lend an intimacy suited to romantic dinners or business lunches. The menu is totally unlike anything else you'll find in the capital - a combination of traditional Japanese cookery and utterly contemporary flavours, as evidenced in the delicious grilled black cod marinated in white miso with a yuzu citrus sauce. Meanwhile fresh and delicious sushi and sashimi is perfect for sharing and foodies will adore the gastronomic delights of the tasting menu.
Sample a la carte
- South beach, crab salad and avocado with sesame seed sprinkle
- Baked scallop, oven-baked scallops layered on top of our Sunset roll with sesame seed and shallot sprinkle
- Seafood papaya zume, baked papaya filled with prawn, scallops and a capsicum mix with motoyaki sauce
- Shallow-fried soft shelled crab, panko soft shelled crab shallow fried with teriyaki potatoes
Other starters are available.
- Grilled chicken teriyaki, Marinated chicken fillet with our teriyaki sauce
- Beef amiyaki, premium beef with a miso and sansho pepper sauce
- Barbeque prawns, jumbo sized prawns served with a ginger sauce
- Fried pork teriyaki, thinly sliced pork loin with a teriyaki sauce
- Seared hibachi tofu, with roasted capsicums and a macadamia nut pesto
- Grilled seabass kamiyaki, grilled in paper with black beans and a prawn paste
Other main courses are available.
- Misezushi (cheesecake with strawberry and mango with belgian chocolate chopsticks)
- Sabayon, chocolate sabayon on a hazelnut biscuit with vanilla anglaise
- Chawan, green tea crème brulee
- Hakuba tray, a selection of our finest desserts
111A Great Russell Street, WC1B 3NQ
Tottenham Court Road
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat: 11:30am - 3pm & 5pm - 11:30pm
Sun 5pm - 11:30pm