About El Faro
The Mediterranean it may not be, but El Faro has good views. When the weather's not nice enough to sit on the leafy terrace, large windows in the main restaurant allow generous views of the Docklands. The saliva-enducing Spanish menu is widely acknowledged to be authentic, like the management. Fish and seafood for dishes like paella are delivered daily from Billingsgate, while meats and delicatessen delicacies such as cerdo iberico come direct from Spain. Sold by weight, the T bone steak deserves a medal. A first floor function room fits 45 to 150 guests. El Faro provide a delicious roast suckling pig which is flown in weekly from Segovia; slow roasted for 24hrs it melts in the mouth - go now!
Sample a la carte
- Jamon de jabugo 'cinco jotas' (cinco jotas jabugo ham from sanchez romero carvajal in huelva accompanied by toasted rustic bread topped with chopped organic tomatoes and virgin olive oil) £14.50
- Pulpo a la gallega (Galician octopus marinated in sweet paprika and extra virgin olive oil served on a bed of potatoes) £4.95
- Ensalada de queso de cabra, bacon, nueces, pinones y pasas (Goat cheese salad accompanied by bacon, pine nuts, walnuts and raisins) £8.50
- Chorizo asturiano a la sidra (Asturian home made chorizo sausage cooked in cider and served with rocket and a Modena vinegar reduction) £5.50
Other starters are available.
- Solomillo de buey a la parrilla cebollas al madeira y mantequilla de manchego y trufa negra (grilled Northern Spanish fillet-steak served with glazed onions and home made black truffle and manchego cheese butter) £16.95
- Lerna de cordero lechal al horno con risoto de cacao (honey and rosemary roasted leg of lamb on a bed of cacao risotto) £17.50
- Secreto iberico a la parrilla con uvas al oporto (grilled Iberian pork served with grapes cooked in Port) £16.50
- Bacalao al ajo arriero (grilled fresh cod with garlic, tomato and roasted pepper sauce and garlic mousseline) £14.25
- Rape rebozado con base de fideua y alli-oli de azafran (battered monkfish on a bed of sea food noodles and saffron alli-oli) £16.50
- Entrecote de buey a la parrilla con papas caliu y tomate provenzal (grilled Northern Spanish entrecote served with roasted potatoes and grilled tomato with Provencal herbs) £16.50
Other main courses are available.
- Crema catalana de la receta de mi abuela (traditional Catalan recipe of vanilla custard with a hint of lemon and cinnamon) £5.50
- Brownie de chocolate hecho en casa con helado de vainilla sobre base de toffe de ron y café (home made chocolate brownie, vanilla ice cream and a base of coffee and rum toffee) £6.75
- Arroz con leche con crujiente de almendra y naranja (traditional Spanish cold rice pudding with almond and orange biscuit) £6.50
- Fresas con nata y sorbete de frambuesa (strawberries with whipped cream and raspberry sorbet) £5.25
Other desserts are available.
3 Turnberry Quay, E14 9RD
£24 and under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3:30pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3:30pm