Atami is every bit the high quality Japanese restaurant. Among many beautiful design features are black polished concrete floors, tree trunk table tops, and a sushi bar lined with backlit dark Nori seaweed. Diners are in the skilled hands of Anthony Sousa Tam whose 15-year pedigree features stints at Nobu and Hakkasan. His signature style of combining traditional cooking methods and presentation with European influences pervades an excitingly modern selection of sushi, sashimi and grills, and particularly signature dishes Foie gras chawan muchi with sea urchin, and Chilean sea bass with shishito pepper and yuzu truffle sauce.
Sample a la carte
- Marble beef with hot oil, tempura chives and ponzu
- Rock shrimp tempura with mizuna leaf and citrus sauce
- Tuna tataki with fresh chilli daikon and deep fried lotus roots
- Cha soba chilled green tea noodles with spring onions, fresh wasabi and dashi-shoyu sauce for dipping
A wide range of hot and cold starters are also available.
- Grilled jumbo prawn with spicy lemon sauce
- Black cod with spicy miso
- Chilean sea bass with shishito pepper and yuzu truffle sauce
- Rib eye sweet potato puree, pea shoots and plum wine teriyaki
- Marinated lamb chop sautee soya beans and aubergine miso
A large range of other mains, tempura, soup and sushi are also available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
37 Monck Street, SW1P 2BL
St James Park
£35 and under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 5:30pm - 11pm
Sat 5:30pm - 11pm