As soon as you walk into quietly modern, bare-walled restaurant in residential Beckenham, the aroma of grilled meat flirts with your sense of smell and taste. Oros prides itself on its healthy, Eastern menu. Whether Greek, Turkish, Lebanese or Moroccan, every dish is cooked to order on an open charcoal grill at the back. The idea is to choose as many 'shares' as you like - lamb cutlets, jumbo prawns, squid, pork souvlakia - then get stuck in, tapas-style. Some good Morroccan and Lebanese wine varieties; daily and monthly specials are written up on a board.
Sample a la carte
- Sheftalia (wrapped fresh tender pork mince, apple, onions and herbs) £6.95
- Octopus (tender pieces of octopus charcoal grilled served with a lime oil dressing) £9.95
- Dolmades (vine leaves, stuffed with pork, beef and rice) £5.95
- Kalamari strips (fried fresh squid strips in breadcrumbs served with a garlic mayonnaise sauce) £7.95
Other starters are available.
- Spinach and three cheeses wrapped with grilled aubergines then baked with a tomato salsa £7.95
- Swordfish charcoal grilled and served with a refreshing mango and rocket salad £12.95
- Lamb steak marinated with plums, red wine and oregano then charcoal grilled £11.95
- Chicken breast served whole and marinated in lemon juice, thyme and olive oil £9.95
- Pork medallions marinated in spices and served with apple cabbage £10.95
- Beef steak with a creamed pepper and brandy sauce £13.95
Other main courses are available.
- Chocolate cake (rich chocolate cake served with a warm chocolate sauce) £3.95
- Apple and cinnamon cigars (fresh apples, cinnamon and raisins wrapped in pastry, served warm with home made ice cream) £3.95
- Pistacio cake (crushed pistacio cake with rose scented syrup. Served cold with home made ice cream) £3.95
- Paklava (finely chopped hazelnuts wrapped in filo pastry, covered in light syrup. Served with cream) £3.95
Other desserts are available.
166a Upper Elmers End Road, BR3 3DY
£24 and under
Tues - Fri 6pm - 11pm
Sat 5:30pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 11pm