Mez Bar and Restaurant
About Mez Bar and Restaurant
'A taste of the Med on the Isle of Dogs' - perhaps not the most appealing of slogans, but it's true at least. The Mez kitchen is run by gold award-winning Masterchef Ozkan Kalender who's poured his world-class expertise into the adventurous, generous Turkish menu of authentic casseroles, grills, seafood and salads. And it's not just the heady combination of flavours and textures that's worth a repeat visit, but the presentation. Take the lemon sole cooked in a sautéed spinach, white wine, cream and almond sauce. It's all here. If you don't know much about Turkish food, Mez is a fine place to start learning.
Sample a la carte
- Tabbouleh. Salad with parsley, Lemon, bulgur, tomato and onion with pomegranate seeds, £2.95
- Salmon fume. Smoked salmon, tarama salad with a basil dressing served with green salad, £4.45
- Mantar sote. Baby mushrooms cooked with tomatoes, onions and peppers, topped with cheddar cheese, £3.45
- Patlican kizartma. Sliced with aubergine arranged with charred green peppers, yoghurt, home-made tomato sauce and dill, £3.45
Other starters are available.
- Zebzeli tavuk. Diced chicken leg cooked with new potatoes, spinach, onion, carrot and fresh herbs, £8.95
- Enginar dolmasi. Stuffed artichokes with a filling of potatoes, carrots, onions, red and green peppers, £9.95
- Mez special. Chargrilled stuffed chicken wrapped with cheddar cheese and baby spinach. Served with cream mushroom sauce, £12.45
- Kalamar. Rings of calamari marinated in vodka and milk, coated in a light batter and deep fried until crisp, garnished with tartar sauce served with green salad, £10.45
- Dil baligi. Lemon sole fillet gently cooked in sauteed spinach, almond and white wine cream sauce, £11.95
Other main courses are available.
- Suh muhallebisi. Milk pudding and aromatic honey syrup, seasonal berries, pistachios, walnuts and pomegranate seeds, £3.95
- Chocolate fudge cake served with seasonal berries, £3.45
- Lemon cheesecake served with seasonal berries, £3.45
- Kunefe. Fine pastry cooked with unsalted cheese and honey syrup, £3.95
Other desserts are available.
571 Manchester Road, Docklands, E14 3NX
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm