This modern tapas restaurant just off Leicester Square brings a slice of Spanish warmth and positivity to the West End. Decorated in lots of glossy wood, with banquette seating strewn with colourful cushions against a mirrored wall, it feels uncluttered and relaxed; diners are never rushed to finish. Not that you'd want to hurry through such fresh, simple dishes as croquetas de pescado (fish croquettes), gambas al ajillo (King prawns in a garlic, chilli and wine sauce), and albondigas (meatballs in a red wine and tomato sauce). Recommended mains included paella Valenciana, and a delicious duck breast marinated with orange peel, juicy onions and potatoes.
Sample a la carte
- Sopa de Castellana, garlic soup with ham, egg and bread on top £3.95
- Tabla de embutidos (a variety of cured meat) £4.95
- Chipirones rellenos con gambas (baby squids stuffed with king prawns and garnished with tomato sauce and olive oil and parsley)£4.15
- Berenjenas con queso (crispy aubergines slice with camembert cheese)£4.65
Other tapas dishes are available.
- Rostidera Valenciana (shank lamb cooked in a special Valencia sauce) £12.95
- Pollo Andalucia (chicken breast, topped with ham and cheese in Mediterranean sauce)£10.95
- Mix Vegetables (stuffed pancake with seasonal vegetables and rice in Mediterranean sauce) £8.65
- Escalope de ternera (rump steak with vegetable) £11.95
- Merluza a la vasca (hake fillet in a delicious fish sauce with asparagus, clam, peas and a slice of boiled egg) £12.65
- Chuletas de cordero (lamb chops grilled with rosemary and olive oil) £11.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
4 Panton Street, SW1Y 4DL
£24 and under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 11pm
Sun 1pm - 11pm