Does the Big Smoke make you yearn for the simple pleasures of the country? Step forward Bumpkin; a brasserie restaurant featuring 'proper' food, cherry-picked from Britian's loveliest country pubs and served to city slickers and Notting Hillbillies alike. Open daily, the restaurant suits snacks, brunches, lunches or intimate dinners just right, with everything from gourmet salads, rotisserie, grilled fish and special Bumpkin pies on offer. Ingredients come fresh from the local market daily, and form a seasonal menu in the main restaurant area of ever changing specials. There's also a private dining room for meetings and the like, as well as a decadent attic area for more frivolous gatherings. Most meat served at Bumpkin comes from Frank Godfrey, one of very few butchers in London liscened to sell pure bred Aberdeen Angus beef.
Sample a la carte
- Fishcakes with brown crab mayonnaise £6.50
- Salt beef, French bean and lentil salad with dandelion £7.95
- Devilled chicken livers on toast £5.75
- Butternut squash soup with thyme and almonds £5.50
Other starters are available.
- Braised beef in ale with horseradish dumplings £12.75
- Cornish Charter pie £12.00
- Stonebass with spinach and vine lemon £15.00
- Bumpkin lamb burger with rosemary and olives and chips £11.50
- Black Gold rump steak with béarnaise sauce and chips £16.50
- Veal T-bone with mustard tomatoes £18.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
209 Westbourne Park Road, W11 1EA
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 4pm
Mon 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11:30pm
Tues - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 12am
Sat 11am - 3:30pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 4pm