Out of the Blue Bar and Kitchen
About Out of the Blue Bar and Kitchen
Out of the Blue bar and kitchen in London's happening St John's Hill is a smart eatery and gathering place inspired by travel and discovery. The International theme is there from the first drink at the bar, say a beer from Nairobi or Jakarta, a white Sauvignon Blanc from India or a spicy red from Mexico. It continues with the menu, a selection of contemporary dishes from 6 Continents. The International deli boards let you choose a wide range of dishes to share over drinks or enjoy the a la carte or specials selection. Not forgetting all day Saturday and Sunday brunch which is becoming something of a weekend must do. This relaxed bar and restaurant with an eclectic mix of furniture attracts a smart civilised crowd who no doubt want to keep it to themselves.
Sample dinner menu
- Asia (crispy pork char-seu with vermicelli noodles and Thai sweet basil)
- Africa (char grilled lamb kebabs with a Moroccan style couscous)
- North America (Cornish crab and green lipped mussel salad with fire roasted peppers, basil, capers, red onion and croutons dressed in extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice)
- South America (chicken burritos with Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream) £5.50
- Europe (warm salad of ham hock, puy lentils, watercress, frizze leaves with a grain mustard dressing) £5.50
- Australasia (mini beer battered fish burgers with tartare and a side of fried sweet potato, mini goat’s cheese, basil and fire roasted pepper burger with warm spiced mid potatoes) £5.50
- 8oz British beef burger served with balsamic and thyme caramalised red onions, aioli on the side, emental cheese and shoe string fries £9.50
- Mushroom tart, lightly truffled celeriac purée, glazed baby onions with a Devon blue sauce £11.50
- Chicken Espetada (our version of the Brazilian bbq dish served with Maris Piper patatas bravas, a spicy tomato sauce and a mixed leaf salad) £13.90
- Darne of roast Scottish salmon, warm salad of green beans, vine tomatoes, shallots and fine herbs with pied bleu mushrooms £14.95
- North American Bison medallion, puy lentils, smoked bacon and a fig compote £15.90
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
140 St John’s Hill, Battersea, SW11 1SL
£24 and under
Tues - Thurs: 11am - 11pm
Fri: 11am - 12am
Sat: 10am - 12am
Sun: 10am - 10.30pm