The Arbiter restaurant in London's North End Road is a haven from the mad weekend scene at Fulham Broadway with its gin goddesses and their lager loves. This pub has been transformed by a light hand so that it now has atmospheric lighting, chandeliers, open fires on two floors, vintage Danish retro and clubby British furniture and quirky objects like antique car souvenirs. It's a relaxed, inviting cornerstone of the area where neighbours meet and flatmates pre-order Sunday roasts to be carved at the table and served family style. The frequently-changing menu offers a substantial choice of British and Scandinavian dishes - partner Nick is Danish - at extremely attractive prices. The owners are passionate about wines and rotate the well-considered wine list with five each of bottled beers, draft beers, red wine and white wine so there's always something intriguing to sample.
Sample a la carte
- Chicken liver pate with mixed leaves and toast£4.95
- Cantaloupe melon slices wrapped in Parma ham£4.95
- Antipasto plate (a selection of cured meats, olives, cheeses, humus and fresh breads for 2 to share) £7.95
- Classic bruschetta £3.95
Other starters are available.
- 8oz sirloin steak with tarragon & shallot butter, mixed leaves, sautéed potatoes and a grilled tomato £11.95
- Fish of the day see the specials board or ask your waitress for details £9.95
- Mediterranean chicken skewers served on a bed of couscous and mixed leaves £7.95
- Cumberland sausages with spring onion mash & gravy £8.95
- Grilled tiger prawns with stir fried noodles and veg £8.25
- Arbiter Portobello mushroom & goats cheese burger with cranberry mayonnaise, served with salad and potato wedges £6.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
308 - 310 North End Road, Fulham, SW6 1NQ
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill
£25 - £34
Mon - Wed 12pm - 12am & Thurs - Fri 12pm - 1am
Sat 11:30am - 1am
Sun 11:30am - 11pm