Barnes Grill Bar and Restaurant
About Barnes Grill Bar and Restaurant
Barnes Grill bar and restaurant is owned by Antony Worrall Thompson, which tells you all you need to know about the fabulousness of its ingredients - from hand-caught Scottish scallops to home-bred Middle White pigs and veg from AWT's own farm. The latest addition to the chef's small group of restaurants is a prettily laid-back place, with exposed brick, vaulted ceilings, cushion-lined banquettes and fabulous purple chandeliers. Start with homemade potted shrimps or cheese filo parcels, then go for a classic, properly-aged ribeye steak with béarnaise sauce and fantastic hand-cut chips or a top-of-the-league bangers and mash. If you need an excuse to go south of the river, this is it.
Sample a la carte
- Avocado vinaigrette £5.95
- Caesar salad £5.95
- Chilli, salt squid with spring onions £7.95
- Baked field mushrooms on olive toast with melting Taleggio with roast garlic & herb dressing £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Salmon & smoked haddock fish cake with sorrel hollandaise £11.25
- Middle white pork sausages & mash with onion gravy £11.95
- A classic mixed grill (lamb cutlet, steak, pork sausage, liver, dry cured bacon, kidney black pudding, tomato & mushroom) £17.95
- Fillet of beef 'stroganoff' flash fried in a sauce of mushrooms, shallots, paprika & soured cream with buttered rice £16.95
- Calf's liver, dry cured bacon & mash with onion gravy £16.95
- Steak tartare 8oz finely chopped raw beef fillet, onions, capers, gherkins & free range egg with chunky chips £18.95
Other main courses are available.
2-3 Rocks Lane, Barnes, SW13 0DB
An optional 12.5% service charge will be added to your final bill & distributed to all staff.
£35 - £44 / €50 - €63
Mon: 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Tue - Thu: 12pm - 2:30pm
& 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Fri: 12pm - 2:30pm
& 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Sat: 12pm - 4pm
& 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 12pm - 10pm