Thai Square - Richmond
About Thai Square - Richmond
The latest addition to the successful Thai Square chain has turned the traditional Duke of York pub in to a taste of the East with impressive results. The once dark building is now bathed in light, boasting a simplistic but stylish interior dotted with Thai artefacts to give it that modern-Bangkok feel. A chain it may be, but with authentic dishes such as the refreshing Yum Nua or the tastebud burning Gang Pa along with the chefs own twists and additions you'll never feel like you're getting production line fayre. Thai Square have always prided themselves on using authentic Thai ingredients, often flown in, and that concept is reflected in the delicious food.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
29 Kew Road, Richmond-Upon-Thames, TW9 2NQ
Some dishes in this menu may contain fish sauce, soy sauce or nuts.
Please inform us of any allergies before ordering
£25 - £34
Mon - Thu: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Fri - Sat: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm