About Salaam Namaste
Salaam Namaste restaurant in London's Bloomsbury is an Indian/Subcontinental restaurant for people who really love food. The décor is charming though modest and unassuming -- we've all been dazzled then let down by slick design in the past. At Salaam Namaste, disappointment is not on the menu. The chef, formerly at a chichi Indian hotel, is a maestro at cuisines that criss-cross that part of the world, including Pakistan and Bangladesh, with an emphasis on seafood. Signature dishes include starters of Kathi Kabab, Jingha Peri Peri, and Aloo Chat, and main courses of Tawa Lamb Chops, Goan Green Chicken Curry and Bangladeshi Machchi Fry. Classic dishes are here, all served with a calm, friendly air.
Sample a la carte
- Squid tarragon (pan fried with red onions coriander served with salad) £3.95
- Aloochat (juicy pieces of potatoes with sweet, hot & sour spices) £2.95
- Canapés / kebab selection (assorted of salmon tikka, chicken tikka, and sheek kabab) £3.95
- Chicken pakora £2.50
Other starters are available.
- Goan style fish curry (hot coconut & curry leaf flavoured fish curry, sea bass, from the sunny coast of Goa) £10.95
- Ginger lamb chops (tender pieces of lamb chops marinated with fresh ginger paste & selected herbs and spices) £7.95
- Afghani malai chicken tikka with cheese(an exclusive Afghani recipe) £6.50
- Vegetable biryani £5.50
- Lamb rezala (sliced pieces of lamb prepared in a special sauce fairly hot) £6.95
- Chicken tikka bhuna (grilled chicken cooked with freshly stone ground medium spices, onions & green peppers) £6.95
Other main courses aer available.
- Meetha-mosawith ice cream £3.50
- Keer bruielé £3.95
- Gulab Jamun £2.95
- Kulfi-indianice cream £2.95
Other desserts are available.
68 Millman Street, Off Guildford Street, WC1N 3EF
£24 and under
Mon - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11:30pm
Sat: 6pm - 11:30pm
Sun: 11:45am - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm