Brouge at The Old Goat
About Brouge at The Old Goat
Brouge is the modern bistro at the back of the Old Goat Pub in Twickenham. Attractively airy and smartly kitted out, it's often busy with locals in-the-know. No doubt the generous portions of good Belgian food are a draw, particularly the large pots of mussels served either mariniere, thai, or chilli WitBier style. At Brouge, you can expect a variety of fresh meats cooked in full-flavoured Belgian beers, award-winning sausages and mash, and a fine house burger. The Belgian beer menu can be matched to the food, much like wine. Check the board for daily specials, including catch of the day. There's a traditional hangover-busting carvery lunch on Sundays.
Sample lunch menu
- Tempura prawns served with a coconut & chilli dip £6.50
- Seafood medley with a tomato tartar (tempura prawns, scampi & plaice goujons) £6.50
- Homemade Brussels paté served with fresh bread £5.25
- Pint of prawns in the shell served with 3 dips £7.95
Other starters are available.
- 'Riz au fromage cuit au four' baked rice with aubergine, artichoke, white wine, Hoegaarden, garlic, cheese & cream served with a rocket side salad £8.50
- 'Cote de boeuf' grilled rib eye of beef served with garlic butter, tomato & mushrooms £14.95
- Pint of prawns in the shell & frites £9.95
- Award winning wild boar & apple sausages served with a red wine & vegetable sauce £9.95
- Blue cheese burger (served with a side or relish, salad garnish and frites) £8.95
- Quorn & double cheese burger (served with a side or relish, salad garnish and frites) £7.95
Other main courses are available.
- Belgian waffle served with chocolate sauce & vanilla ice cream £4.95
- Strawberry meringue glace with fresh strawberries, meringue, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, drizzled with raspberry coulis £4.95
- Apricot bread & butter pudding served with double cream £4.95
- Sticky toffee pudding served with double cream £5.25
Other desserts are available.
241 Hampton Road, TW2 5NG
£25-£34 / €35-€49
Mon - Thu 12pm - 10:30pm
Fri & Sat: 12pm - 5pm & 7pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 9:30pm