About The Capital
The Capital in London's eternally stylish Knightsbridge is one of the capital's legendary restaurants, a two-Michelin-star gastronomic experience. The elegant art deco dining room styled by Nina Campbell is replete with a well-groomed, urbane clientele enjoying the artistically-presented creations of chef Eric Chavot. His mastery of innovative French cooking includes signature dishes like Assiette Landaise, a meltingly fine duck starter, and main course of saddle of rabbit Provencal with seared calamari and tomato risotto. The superb wine list is highlighted by the Levin Winery, The Capital's own vineyard. Service is Jeevesian in its excellence.
Sample dinner menu
- Seared scallops sauce Ceviche and cucumber jelly
- Assiette "Landaise"
- Pan-fried langoustine "Nicoise"
- Fricassee of frog legs, veal sweetbread and ceps puree
- Crab lasagna with langoustine cappuccino,
- Pan-fried foie gras 'exotic', pineapple and mango spring roll
- Salad of beetroot with goat cheese,
- Fillet of sea bass, crushed potatoes and aioli dressing
- Grilled "troncon" of turbot with artichoke and jus Diable
- Pave of sole with "cassoulet Toulousain" and truffle jus
- Roasted lobster with 'linguini pasta' and sauce vierge
- Roasted veal cutlet, balsamic jus and mushrooms fricassee
- Saddle of rabbit "Provencale", seared calamari and tomato risotto
- Honey roasted fillet of duck with macaroni gratin and pear jelly
- Fillet of lamb with cumin jus and spicy couscous
- Le plateau de fromages affines par Bernard Antony (supp £10.00 or as third course supp £7.50)
- Caramel and dark chocolate millefeuille,
- Sauted apples with Calvados and vanilla,
- Chestnut sponge with passion fruit cream and green tea foam
- Iced coffee parfait, hot chocolate fondant
- Roasted pear with spicy bread ice-cream
- Selection of desserts in miniature(supp £4.50)
- Caramelised banana with vanilla couscous and passion fruit sorbet
22 Basil Street, SW3 1AT
3 courses at £55.00, a minimum of £55.00 per person will be charged.
£100 and above
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 7pm - 11pm
Sunday 12pm - 3:30pm & 7pm - 10:30pm